- The HI student should be encouraged to watch the teacher
whenever he/she is talking to the class.
- The teacher should use natural gestures when they
complement, not substitute for speech.
- Whenever reports are given or during class meetings,
have the childern stand in front of the class so the HI student can see the speaker's
- During class discussions, let the HI student turn around
and face the class so he/she can see the lips of the reciter.
- Assignments should be written on the board so the HI
student can copy them accurately.
- Designate another student to be a note taker.
- Use visual aids in presentations.
- Seat the HI student away from heating/cooling systems,
hallways and outdoor noises.